Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weekly Analysis 3

I have to admit that I don’t watch much television and when I do, it’s usually something that I’ve recorded. There are a few shows that I do watch: Army Wives, House Hunters, and The Biggest Loser. However, I will admit that I am guilty on occasion of watching Jon & Kate Plus 8. I’ve not followed it closely but once in a while when I can’t find anything else to watch, I’ve been known to tune in.

I have to say that I’m not fans of either Jon or Kate. To me, Kate seems like a very controlling person. It’s her way or no way. Jon, on the other hand, seems a little wimpy. Maybe he’s afraid of Kate. So, one has to wonder why these two ever got together in the first place.

When the show first started, it was about a family trying to survive with eight kids. The house they lived in was too small for that many people. Each episode was about a particular subject they had to deal with whether it was the kids being sick, trying to keep up with the laundry, or fixing dinner. As time went, I believe the show has lost its focus. I believe Jon and Kate are in it more for the money than anything else. I also believe that Kate, more so than Jon, enjoys being in the spotlight.

As of lately Jon has been seen out with another woman and Kate has filed for divorce. The show has been put on hold until things settle down a bit. So, people may be wondering, what is going to happen to the show? However, the more important question should be how are the kids handling all the stresses from being on television at such a young age and how are they handling their parents splitting up? We know divorce is not easy for anyone but it’s especially hard of children. I would almost bet these children will end up with psychological problems before long, if it hasn’t already happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment